Measurement & Scale
- The size of objects may be measured by comparing them with other objects of known size.
- Variations in the sizes of objects can be determined by measuring with rulers or other objects of known size.
- Scale is the size relationship of two objects or elements.
- Proportion focuses on the relationship of parts to the whole.
- The Golden Mean is a historical concept used over the centuries to design structures to a specific pleasing proportional (a ratio of 1:1.6 or 3:5).
- Proportion may be enhanced geometrically by using regulating lines.
What We Measure Most