In these GIFs, seven architectural wonders are reconstructed into their possible original forms, allowing us to experiment with how the ruins visible today may have developed from the initial structures in all their glory. This computer-aided design investigation benefits archaeologists, historians, engineers, architects, and the imaginative and curious among us.
- The Parthenon Athens, Greece / 432 BC
- Luxor Temple Luxor, Egypt / 1380 BC
- Nohoch Mul Pyramid (Coba) Quintana Roo, Mexico / 100 BC-100 AD
- Temple of Jupiter Pompeii, Italy / 200 BC
- Milecastle 39 (Part of Hadrian’s Wall) Northumberland, England / 100 AD
- The Pyramid of the Sun, Teotihuacán Teotihuacan, Mexico / 200 CE
- Area Sacra di Largo Argentina—Temple B Rome, Italy / 101 BC
You may use the tools below to help you imagine and shape your dream home or architecture model.